A Quality Management System (QMS) is a set of policies, processes and procedures required for planning and execution – production/development/service – in the core business area of an organization i.e. areas that can impact the organization’s ability to meet customer requirements. ISO 9001 is an example of a Quality Management System.
Process – any activity or set of activities that uses resources to transform inputs into outputs can be considered a process. ISO 9001 has a process approach.
Procedure – A procedure outlines how to perform a process, such as how you control your suppliers.
The Concept of Quality Management
A Quality Management System in its basic concept is quite simple. It seeks to,
- Recognize interested partyrequirements including Licenses to Trade, guidelines, customer requirements, and the chosen management system standard(s).
- Ensure that all requirementshave been met.
- Confirm that employees receive applicable trainingin the quality system requirements.
- Determine processes, their interaction, inputs and outputs.
- Produce records or evidence that system requirements have been met.
- Measure, monitor and report the performance of the QMS.
- Planchanges to the QMS and take actions to address risks and opportunities as a result of changes.
- Perform internal auditto analyze the QMS and correct nonconformities.
- Continually improvethe QMS.
ISO 9001 Certification:
The ISO 9000 family of quality management systems standards is designed to help organizations ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to a product or service.
ISO 9000 deals with the fundamentals of quality management systems, including the seven quality management principles upon which the family of standards is based. ISO 9001 deals with the requirements that organizations wishing to meet the standard must fulfill.
ISO 9001 is the world’s most widely recognized Quality Management System (QMS). It belongs to the ISO 9000 family of quality management system standards, along with ISO 9004, and helps organizations to meet the expectations and needs of their customers, amongst other benefits.
An ISO 9001 quality management system will help you to continually monitor and manage quality across all operations, and outlines ways to achieve, as well as benchmark, consistent performance and service. Internationally, it is the quality system of choice!
Need For ISO Certification:
- Meet Customer Requirements
- Get More Revenue and Business from New Customers
- Improve Company and Product Quality
- Increase Customer Satisfaction with your Products
- Describe, Understand, and Communicate Your Company Processes
- Develop a Professional Culture and Better Employee Morale
- Improve the Consistency of Your Operations
- Focus Management and Employees
- Improve Efficiency, Reduce Waste, and Save Money
- Achieve International Quality Recognition
- Allows you to become a more consistent competitor in your marketplace
- Better quality management helps you meet customer needs
- More efficient ways of working will save time, money and resource
- Improved operational performance will cut errors and increase profits
- Motivate and engage staff with more efficient internal processes
- Win more high value customers with better customer service
- Broaden business opportunities by demonstrating compliance
If you are considering working towards your ISO exam, GVS Technosoft offers a variety of Quality Management courses that will help you pass, including the ISO Certification Training Course. We have included ITIL, ITSM, PMP and PRINCE2 to improve multiple business processes. Many of our clients have consulted on their project enhancement and work efficiency improvement.
For more information, Visit www.gvstechnosoft.com
Article by GVS Technosoft | email: firstname.lastname@example.org |Ph:+91 40-65286529